Friday, September 27, 2024

September 27, 2024

   



We had a FABULOUS trip to Rocky Ridge Orchard and had a delicious apple and doughnut. We picked up a small pumpkin and will paint it in art class next week! The hay ride was so much fun. We also brought home a bag of apples and will make a warm applesauce next week.  Thank you for those who were able to join us on this grand adventure! 

Books Read: Mr. Brown's Magnificent Apple Tree,  There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.  The Big Apple, and the song-A-P-P-L-E
 (which is sung like "Bingo)

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, 10 frames,  finger counting, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines. 

Our Go2Science mission continues as we keep looking for clues to support our hypothesis in Wyoming. Beth and Curtis sure are giving us a lot of information and finding so much evidence for us to be thinking about. 

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

There is a fun October Reading challenge coming home today! This is purely for fun! 

Upcoming Events: 
Friday Oct.11- No School- Professional Day
Monday October 14-No School Columbus Day

Have a wonderful weekend! 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment