Friday, September 12, 2014




Dear Families,

Books Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar,  Harold and the Purple Crayon, Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten, Have You Filled A Bucket Today?

We became scientists and used our observational skills to observe our monarch caterpillars in their container. Just in time! They decided to go into chrysalis and are working on their next adventure! (At the end of today 2 butterflies came out of chrysalis and we let them go!)

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we learned this week are; Polly Panda and Uncle Upton.


In math we are getting to know numbers, introducing measurement comparisons, multisensory counting, patterns and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week.

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events:

September 17- Open House at WCS

October 10- NO SCHOOL- Teacher Inservice

October 13- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day

No comments:

Post a Comment