Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3, 2014




Dear Families,

In science we are learning about the life cycle of the butterfly and have begun our apple unit. We got to visit our Wildcat Orchard with the Green Team and Mrs. Harrington-it was awesome!

2 new songs we have learned- “There was a fruit upon a tree and apple was it's name-o (sung to the tune of B-i-n-g-o) and Wiggle the Worm song, “Wiggle's on my head, Wiggles on my head, oh no he's on the go, Wiggle's on my head.”

Books Read: The Apple Pie Tree, Mr. Brown's Magnificent Apple Tree, Big Red Apple, Johnny Appleseed, Apple Trouble, Apple Countdown

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we learned this week are; Actress Annie and Daisy Dragon.
In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, getting to know money by practicing coin comparisons, creating a graph, comparing heights, and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week.

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events:

October 7- Rocky Ridge Apple Orchard- (Please send in permission slip if you have not already)

October 9- Walk toy School Day-(Please sign and return permission slip on Monday)

October 10- NO SCHOOL- Teacher Inservice


October 13- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day

1 comment:

  1. The apple tree song sounds familiar- I heard that tonight!

    ReplyDelete