Thursday, May 28, 2015


We came as strangers, we leave as friends...


Dear Families,

My youngest son is graduating from high school tomorrow, so I will not be in school. An early newsletter for you!

Wow! I can't believe we are wrapping up our Kindergarten year together! Assessments are going to be key for the next weeks.

Continued to focus on farms and why they are important. Hope your bean plants are in a good place to continue growing! We also have been doing a lot of scientific observations and documentation of what we are observing. I think the students are loving these activities!

Books Read: Click Clack Moo, Thump Quack Moo, Dooby Dooby Moo, The Lorax (Persuasive writing mentor text), Any Questions?, and many different versions of Jack and the Beanstalk.

During writing time they are; thinking of problems we are having in the classroom/school and thinking of solutions to those problems and why: "You shouldn't run in the hallway, because you may get hurt. Walk in the hallway", adding words (letters) to their pictures, rehearsing what they want to say about what they wrote, taking turns sharing their ideas and writing with partners, adding spaces between words and punctuation at the end of a sentence, going back into their writing pieces and revising what they have written by changing or adding to what they wrote and continuing to build up their confidence as writers.
In math we are working with two digit numbers, formation of numbers, addition and subtraction practice, counting and number recognition, solving number stories, and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week.

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events:

June 5- Visit Pen Pals in Pittston- more information coming soon!


June 19- Last School Day

No comments:

Post a Comment