Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11, 2015

Dear Families,



Books Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten, Have You Filled A Bucket Today?, Creak Said the Bed, and Freight Train. 

We became scientists and used our observational skills to observe our monarch caterpillar in his container. I told the children I can tell if the caterpillar is a boy or a girl only after he makes his transformation, so we are anxious to find that information! On Thursday afternoon he decided to go into his "j" formation in preparation for making a chrysalis.


Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The character we learned this week was; Ollie Ostrich and we learned how to do a Magic draw." Fun!

In math we are getting to know numbers, introducing measurement comparisons, multisensory counting, patterns and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events:

September 17- Open House at WCS 5:30-7:00

October 9- NO SCHOOL- Teacher Inservice

October 12- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day



No comments:

Post a Comment