Friday, August 31, 2018

August 31, 2018



Hello!

WOW! What a fantastic first three days of Kindergarten! I am so impressed by the way we are blending together as a community. We are learning our schedule, classroom expectations and how to be a good friend. 

All of the students will be assessed this week and next in the areas of reading, writing, and math. These assessments are fun for them and act more as a game then stressful work. I know they have been tired and hot this week when they came home, but know that they have spent 3 days adjusting to a new schedule and a whole new life. Exciting!

You have noticed a flurry of paperwork coming home. Please take time to fill it all out and send it back to me. Having updated addresses, telephone numbers and other important information is the key to keeping your child as safe as I possibly can. Thank you!

The best way to get in touch with me is through email at ssample@rsu1.org. I check my email a few times a day and I will do my level best to get back to you as soon as I check it. I feel like too much information is better than too little.

Our specials are: Monday-Art
                           Tuesday- PE (if you haven't sent in sneakers to keep at school, please                                                   do)
                           Wednesday- Guidance
                           Thursday- Music
                           Friday-Library (Please help your child keep his/her library book in a safe place and enjoy spending time reading with them.) Books are due back the following Friday.

I will try to add to this blog each week as well as when there is any special event going on. When I receive your paperwork about publishing pictures, I will know who I can and cannot publish on this blog. Paper copies will come home as well. Folders come home on Fridays. 

REMEMBER: NOTES for bus and pick up changes. The more information the better!
                  LUNCH is difficult. Help your child know what they are doing for lunch! From home? School ?


Have a wonderful long weekend!



Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment