Friday, February 28, 2020

February 28. 2020


Dear Families,

Enjoy your "extra" day tomorrow! Leap Year is such an interesting thing to me~

We FINALLY got to celebrate our 100th day of school (complete without electricity) and I want to send a huge thank you and shout out to those who sent in food for our 100 food collection as well as those who shared snacks for our celebration! It was a great day~

We have read a great many stories and learned so much about dental health this week. How very important it is to keep our teeth healthy. They are bringing home new toothbrushes today!

During writing time they are writing narrative and sharing things that have happened in their lives. We have had some great adventures as a group! 

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The character we learned this week was Ike.

In math we are working with teen numbers, formation of numbers, making pictures to match the number written, addition and subtraction practice, counting by 10s, making sets of 10 to 100 (and beyond), probability practice, problem solving, and matching domino dots to the numbers they represent.  Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)


Upcoming Events: 
March 20th is now a regular day of school in an attempt to make up some snow day time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment