Friday, October 9, 2020

October 9, 2020

 


We are finishing our study of the life cycle of the butterfly. They have all become butterflies! We had 14 in all- 10 females and 4 males. They are now on their way to Mexico!  We have learned so much about the caterpillar life cycle!

Books Read: Big, Red Apple and The Apple Pie Tree

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we learned this week were; Ollie Ostrich and Mimi Mermaid

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, 10 frames,  finger counting, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines. 

We began a letter of the day series this week and we have completed A and B! You might see headbands coming home with a picture that represents that letter and sound we are working on for the day. Also, books and handwriting worksheets. We will continue 1 letter every time we are together until we get to Z~

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events: 
October 12- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day

Link to WCS Newsletter:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12NjbL5nWhJ_Pti6jsmw__0QbIOaucZZXG_4UG-2qSM0/edit

Have a wonderful long weekend! 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment