Friday, January 13, 2023

January 13, 2023

 





Dear Families,

I want to start this by apologizing for not getting a newsletter out lately. My mom is dealing with some health issues and I am her caretaker, so my life has been a little scattered. I also ended up in the emergency room on Monday, with a scare, but all ended well. I am fine. BUT we are keeping it real here at school and have some wonderful activities and growth these past few weeks! 


We have been consumed by an author study of Jan Brett. Her stories and illustrations are perfect for this time of the year! Books Read: The Mitten, The Hat, The Umbrella, and The Three Snow Bears.  

We have been learning so much about Florida and manatees with our second Go2Science mission! If you are on Facebook you can check out the Go2Science page to keep up to date with what we have been working on. 

In math we are working with teen numbers, formation of numbers, making pictures to match the number written, addition and subtraction practice, counting and number recognition through graphing , and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)


Upcoming Events: 
Monday January 16- Martin L. King Jr. Day~ No School

No comments:

Post a Comment