Friday, September 14, 2018

September 14, 2018








Dear Families,

Books Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, A Caterpillar's Wish, Butterfly Suits, I'm a Caterpillar, Butterfly Life Cycle and a variety of Eric Carle books. We ate a snack of red and green grapes that represented the caterpillar! Yum!!!

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we have learned about so far are; Polly Panda and Uncle Upton.

In math we are getting to know numbers, introducing attributes and sorting, multisensory counting, patterns and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard).

ITEM NEEDED: We will begin using our Chromebooks next week and each student is asked to provide either earphones or earbuds for use with or Chromebook time. If you haven't sent them in yet, please do.  I will place them  in an individual bag with your student's name on it. They will be kept at school for daily/bi-daily work.

We are headed to Rocky Ridge Orchard! Please sign and send the permission slipback with the $5 for the cost of doughnut, apple, and mini pumpkin. If you plan to chaperone you need to fill out the volunteer form from the office.



Upcoming Events:

October 1- Rocky Ridge Field Trip 
October 8- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day
October 12- NO SCHOOL- Teacher Inservice

No comments:

Post a Comment