Friday, September 28, 2018

September 28, 2018







Dear Families,

PLEASE remember to dress your student in play clothes, layers,  and boots/sneakers on Monday for our trip to Rocky Ridge Orchard. If you signed up to chaperone I am counting on you coming with us. You can ride the bus or meet us there. We are leaving right at 9:00.

 Thank you for those earbuds/headphones that came in this week. We will hopefully be starting next week with some guided technology practice.

Thank you to those who have helped to jump start the Harvest Hustle! I appreciate it~ 

In science we continue to learn about the life cycle of the butterfly. We currently have 10 caterpillars still munching and we have 4 in chrysalis as of this morning.  Hopefully they will become butterflies soon so we can release them for their flight to Mexico before the cold weather sets in! We have learned so much about the caterpillar life cycle!

Books Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider, 10 Little Rubber Ducks, and many other Eric Carle favorites!

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we have learned this week were; Actress Annie and Daisy Dragon.

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, using 5 frames, practicing with quick looks at collections of dots, finger counting, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are still learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)



Upcoming Events:

October 1- Field trip Rocky Ridge~If you signed up to chaperone I am counting on you to be there~ 

October 8- NO SCHOOL-Columbus Day 

October 12- NO SCHOOL- Professional Development Day

No comments:

Post a Comment