Friday, September 20, 2019

September 20, 2019




Dear Families,

PLEASE remember to send in the $5.00 along with the permission slip for Rocky Ridge Apple Orchard if you have not already. I need the money in order to request a check before we go. If this is a hardship please let me know. If you signed up to go on the field trip I am expecting you to come! Thank you~

 Thank you for those earbuds/headphones that came in this week. We will hopefully be starting next week with some guided technology practice.
In science we continue to learn about the life cycle of the butterfly. We currently have 10 caterpillars still munching and we have 4 in chrysalis as of this morning.  Hopefully they will become butterflies soon so we can release them for their flight to Mexico before the cold weather sets in! We have learned so much about the caterpillar life cycle!

We have also started our new mission to Thailand for our Go2Science program. We are studying tigers as well as learning a lot about the culture, people, and animals of Thailand. Exciting stuff!

Books Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider, 10 Little Rubber Ducks, "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly", Said the Sloth, Mister Seahorse and other Eric Carle favorites!

Animated Alphabet is our approach to phonemic awareness and spelling. The letters are taught through a multi sensory approach of music, dance, characters and signs which help the students hold onto that information. The characters we have learned this week were; Polly Panda and Uncle Upton.

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observations, tracking the number of days we have been in school and days of the week. 

We are still learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)



Upcoming Events:

September 30- Field trip Rocky Ridge~If you signed up to chaperone I am counting on you to be there~ 

October 11- NO SCHOOL-Professional Day for Teachers

October 14- NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day

No comments:

Post a Comment