Friday, September 6, 2019

September 6, 2019




Dear Families,

It has been a very busy week. We are continuing our procedures and community building. We have enjoyed going to the different specials classes and meeting many new faces and doing fun activities. Today we traveled to library and will be checking out a book next week to bring home! Please see the attached letter from Mrs. Luchies concerning library procedures. Please make sure all paperwork that came home this week is returned as soon as possible. One other detail I forgot to mention in my opening letter is that folders come home on Fridays with student's work from the week, this newsletter and other pieces of information.

Books Read: A variety of Pete the Cat stories, Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, Franklin's First Day of School, Timothy Goes to School

In math we are getting to know numbers, introducing attributes of shapes, sorting, graphing birthdays, and our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observation, tracking the number of days we have been in school and the days  of the week.

 Many reading and writing assessments have taken place these first few days of school. We will begin a more structured approach to reading and writing beginning next week. 


Next week we will begin to be scientists and use our observation skills to watch caterpillars grow-and grow-and grow! 


We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Events!

September 12~ Picture Day~ WCS Open House at 5:30
October 11-Professional Day- No School
October 14- Columbus Day- No School

No comments:

Post a Comment