Friday, September 15, 2023

September 15, 2023

  




In science we continue to learn about the life cycle of the Monarch butterfly. We currently have 4 caterpillars still munching. Hopefully they will think about becoming a chrysalis soon so we can release them for their flight to Mexico before the cold weather sets in! We are learning and observing so much about the caterpillar life cycle! 

We are starting our Go2Science mission about Blue Morpho Butterflies in Panama. We are in search of evidence for our hypothesis: Blue morpho butterflies only occur in or near the rainforest.  If you don't know about Go2Science yet, you are soon going to know a lot about it!!! Fun!

Books: Cont. re-reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar (and doing some very fun activities), and reading some fun ABC books. Pete the Cat has been a favorite of ours this week! We also have started using our book boxes and developing good reading skills. 

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, using 5 frames, practicing with quick looks at collections of dots (subitizing), finger counting, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines.  

We are still learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Dates:
Thursday Sept. 21- Open House 5:30pm-7:00pm                            
Friday Oct. 6- No School- Professional Day
Monday October 9-No School Columbus Day

No comments:

Post a Comment