Friday, September 22, 2023

September 22, 2023

The Very Hungry Caterpillar sequencing game

 

There is a September reading Bingo board coming home today. This is meant for fun and interest. It is not an expectation to be turned in when finished, just a nice challenge. I know September is almost over, so have fun with it and I will be sending home an October one soon enoiugh!

In science we continue to learn about the life cycle of the butterfly. We have no caterpillars still munching and all in chrysalis. We can release them for their flight to Mexico before the cold weather sets in! We have learned so much about the caterpillar life cycle! Next week we will begin learning about apples and their life cycle.


We are also working through our Go2Science mission about Blue Morpho Butterflies. We are in search of evidence for our hypothesis: "Blue Morpho Butterflies only occur in or around rainforests." We have "travelled" (virtually) to Panama with our friends, Beth and Curtis, to test our hypothesis as well as to learn a whole lot about the rainforest biome itself. 

Books: Cont. re-reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar,  enjoying LOTS of other Eric Carle books, Gotta Go! Gotta Go! (a book about a little caterpillar and her journey), and some fun ABC books. We are also using our book boxes daily and developing good reading skills. 

In math we are getting to know numbers 0-10, sorting, discussing a graph, using math manipulatives, using 5 frames, practicing with quick looks at collections of dots, finger counting, working with shapes and continuing our calendar routines.  

We are still learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

Upcoming Dates:

Friday Oct. 6- No School- Professional Day
Monday October 9-No School- Columbus Day

No comments:

Post a Comment