Friday, September 8, 2023

September 8, 2023


 

Dear Families,

Thank you so much for being patient with me this first week of school! It has been incredibly hot and my main goal has been making sure your child is hydrated, cooler, and happy. 

It has been a very busy week. We are continuing our procedures and community building. We have enjoyed going to the different specials classes and meeting many new faces and doing fun activities. 


Specials are: Monday-Library, Tuesday-Art, Wednesday-Guidance, Thursday-Music, Friday- P.E. 

Thank you for all of your emails and continual patience with me this week. It is a lot to keep these little ones safe and happy and if somehow I have left you with more questions, please reach out to me and let me know. I am trying! 

Books Read: A variety of Pete the Cat stories, Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, and Franklin's First Day of School. 

In math we are getting to know numbers, introducing attributes of shapes, sorting, graphing birthdays, and our calendar routines. Our routines at calendar time include; counting to the calendar number of the day, weather observation, and the days  of the week.

 Many reading and writing assessments have taken place these first few days of school. We will begin a more structured approach to reading and writing beginning soon. 


We have begun to be scientists and use our observation skills to watch caterpillars grow-and grow-and grow! Most of them are still in the very hungry stage! 


We are learning about the Woolwich Way! The Woolwich Way is made up of 6 qualities that will help us to be the best we can be! (Courtesy- I can use good manners, Compassion-I can help others, Respect- I can treat others kindly, Honesty-I can tell the truth, Responsibility- I can take care of myself and my stuff, Quality- I can do my best even when things are hard)

No comments:

Post a Comment