Monday, March 16, 2020

Distance Learning Days



 Hello!

As we prepare for our Distance Learning Days I would first like to say how I will miss every single one of my students. We are in a good flow and we will continue to learn and grow even when apart. I also would like to acknowledge that I have no expectation that all of what I present or send home will be completed. Please don't feel that I am looking for that. Many of the materials I have sent home or posted online are options that the children already enjoy in our classroom.

I have made a separate blog post with the links to many sites and activities we currently do as well as some for them to explore and enjoy. The post is titled: Online Resource Collection. Of course much of our school day isn't looking at screens or filling out worksheets but these activities may augment their learning. I plan to have a read aloud every day as well as a challenge for them and other fun activities.

This blog will consist of updates and other information I think you may appreciate regarding school.  I am feeling my way through this process and will attempt to make our Distance Learning Days as exciting and fun as I can.

Moving forward I will try and be in contact with you every day. This could include emails and phone calls just to check in and see if there is anything I need to be aware of or answer any questions you might have. Of course this blog and the RSU 1 and Woolwich Central School websites will have up to the minute decisions and information so please check in often with us as well! If you would like to be in contact with me first, PLEASE don't hesitate to email or call. ssample@rsu1.org and my personal phone number is 207 350 6869. I let my calls go to voice mail so PLEASE leave me a message and best # to reach you and I will get back to you as quickly as I am able. I care about each and every one of you and I want you to feel comfortable reaching out about anything at all!!!!! O.K.?

 I will also snap pictures every morning of our sloth that we have been growing since March 9th. They have been so excited that he is just starting to bust through the stump! These are from today! Please share them with your child. It has been a very fun activity...

Best to you all!!!
Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment